Apprenticeships & TraineeshipsAPPRENTICESHIPS & TRAINEESHIPS - Register NOW!
Book in now for the 2021 intake with 1300apprentice
To all students: Are you leaving school this year - are you looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship to get you started?
We look after a wide variety of vocations across Sydney and ACT regions and are now looking to commence our intake for vacancies commencing later this year to early 2021.
Interviews will take place in the October school holidays.
At 1300apprentice we work closely with employers to match suitable candidates in the first stages of their career.
If you would like to be part of our spring intake please submit your resume and cover letter noting which vocation you're interested in.
Zoom interviews will be taking place for 2 weeks during the school holidays.
If you want more information about us, visit our website. www.1300apprentice.com.au
- Week 1: 28 September – 1 October
- Week 2: 6 – 8 October
TAFE 2021TAFE 2021 - Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 September - register now do not wait!
TAFE NSW Virtual Open Day 2020 is on this Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 September!
Connect your way — from anywhere — with all the information and expert advice you need to find the career that’s right for you.
Set your own timetable.Virtual Open Day will take place across Wednesday 9 & Thursday 10 September, so you can create the timetable that best suits you.
Explore live or pre-recorded video presentations, participate in group or one-to-one Q&A sessions and find the information you need to take the next step.
You ONLY need to watch and /or join for the section of what courses YOU are interested in not the whole two days/night!
On Wednesday it's open until 7pm.
Register NOW below for Open Day on Wednesday and Thursday this week!
University Applications UAC
UNIVERSITY 2021 - 5pm Wednesday 9 September
The General Manager of Marketing and Engagement, Kim Paino will answer all your questions about 2021 University entry.
You can ask about:
Your UAC application
Schools Recommendation Schemes
Educational Access Schemes
Changes due to COVID-19
To tune in head to UAC's Facebook or Instagram profile at 5pm Wednesday 9.9.2020.
You don't need to do anything else.
UAC Applying for University in NSW is quick and easy.
Click on to start your application https://www5.uac.edu.au/uacug/start
- Take a look at our short video guides for Year 12 students..
- You can apply or log in between 7.30am and midnight (Sydney time) and we'll automatically log you out if you're inactive for 30 minutes.
- There is a non-refundable processing charge of $70.00 AUD. You can pay using Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Your application is not complete until you have paid.
- Offers are made on specific dates throughout the year. There are application deadlines for each offer round.
Remeber you need your UAC Pin and your HSC student number
What TAFE Courses are available?
Click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses
How to apply and enroll in TAFE
Where are the TAFE Colleges located in Sydney
For Sydney Institute click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/locations/sydney-institute
For Sydney South West click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/locations/south-western-sydney
What are Educational Access Schemes?
Educational Access Schemes (EAS) aim to help students, whose education has been negatively affected during Year 11 and/or Year 12 (or equivalent), receive an offer to university. click on https://www.uac.edu.au/future-applicants/scholarships-and-schemes/educational-access-schemes/
Who can apply?
To apply for EAS you must be able to demonstrate that your Year 11 and/or Year 12 studies (or equivalent) were negatively affected for a period of at least six months as a result of circumstances beyond your control or choosing.
You must also be:
- a UAC undergraduate applicant
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia (including a holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa).
International students cannot apply for EAS.
What are Schools Recommendation Schemes?
Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS) are one way institutions make early offers of undergraduate admission to Year 12 students. They do this by using criteria other than (or in addition to) the ATAR. click on https://www.uac.edu.au/future-applicants/scholarships-and-schemes/schools-recommendation-schemes
Who can apply?
To apply for SRS you must be a Year 12 applicant who is attempting:
- an Australian Year 12 qualification in 2020, or
- an International Baccalaureate in Australia in 2020.
You must also be a UAC applicant for undergraduate admission in 2020–21 and:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia or holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
Participating institutions may use one or more of the following criteria listed when considering your application:
- your Year 11 studies
- your school’s rating of your abilities in different areas of study
- your school’s rating of your aptitudes
- your Educational Access Schemes (EAS) application (if applicable)
- institution-specific documents (if applicable).
Do you want to be given an early offer at Wollongong University?
Do you want to be garanteed a position at Uni before you sit for your HSC. Click below to find more
Year 12 are you interested in a scholarship to go to Uni?
Looking for a Job?
Have your tried SEEK? Click on https://www.seek.com.au/jobs/in-All-Sydney-NSW
Looking for an apprenticeship? Click on https://www.seek.com.au/apprenticeship-jobs/in-All-Sydney-NSW
How about looking at the Federal Government Job Active Site-click on https://jobsearch.gov.au/job/search