Are you ready?
This year will look and feel somewhat different due to COVID-19 and Social Distancing rules. For this reason, 2020 Open Days are mostly virtual. It is beneficial for you to be ready and be organized.
- Have a list of open days and choose which ones you need to attend and link to your calendar or diary.
- Pre-register and record login instructions and any other required information. Remember to sign up for updates as things can change.
- Before the event starts, make sure you set yourself up somewhere with good internet, privacy/minimal interruptions and have everything you might want at hand, like snacks, music and most importantly a list of questions. You will be able to talk to lecturers and current students, so make the most of it.
- Uni’s are going to great effort to make the day as engaging as possible, so be prepared and have some fun exploring.
- Keep in mind you may not get straight on if the maximum number of users have logged on at that time. Don’t give up! Just come back and try again later. If problems persist contact support on that institution’s website.You can access a list of Open Days HERE
UAC Applying for University in NSW is quick and easy.
Click on to start your application https://www5.uac.edu.au/uacug/start
- Take a look at our short video guides for Year 12 students..
- You can apply or log in between 7.30am and midnight (Sydney time) and we'll automatically log you out if you're inactive for 30 minutes.
- There is a non-refundable processing charge of $70.00 AUD. You can pay using Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Your application is not complete until you have paid.
- Offers are made on specific dates throughout the year. There are application deadlines for each offer round.
Remeber you need your UAC Pin and your HSC student number
What TAFE Courses are available?
Click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses
How to apply and enroll in TAFE
Where are the TAFE Colleges located in Sydney
For Sydney Institute click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/locations/sydney-institute
For Sydney South West click on https://www.tafensw.edu.au/locations/south-western-sydney
What are Educational Access Schemes?
Educational Access Schemes (EAS) aim to help students, whose education has been negatively affected during Year 11 and/or Year 12 (or equivalent), receive an offer to university. click on https://www.uac.edu.au/future-applicants/scholarships-and-schemes/educational-access-schemes/
Who can apply?
To apply for EAS you must be able to demonstrate that your Year 11 and/or Year 12 studies (or equivalent) were negatively affected for a period of at least six months as a result of circumstances beyond your control or choosing.
You must also be:
- a UAC undergraduate applicant
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia (including a holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa).
International students cannot apply for EAS.
What are Schools Recommendation Schemes?
Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS) are one way institutions make early offers of undergraduate admission to Year 12 students. They do this by using criteria other than (or in addition to) the ATAR. click on https://www.uac.edu.au/future-applicants/scholarships-and-schemes/schools-recommendation-schemes
Who can apply?
To apply for SRS you must be a Year 12 applicant who is attempting:
- an Australian Year 12 qualification in 2020, or
- an International Baccalaureate in Australia in 2020.
You must also be a UAC applicant for undergraduate admission in 2020–21 and:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia or holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
Participating institutions may use one or more of the following criteria listed when considering your application:
- your Year 11 studies
- your school’s rating of your abilities in different areas of study
- your school’s rating of your aptitudes
- your Educational Access Schemes (EAS) application (if applicable)
- institution-specific documents (if applicable).
Do you want to be given an early offer at Wollongong University?
Do you want to be garanteed a position at Uni before you sit for your HSC. Click below to find more
Year 12 are you interested in a scholarship to go to Uni?
Looking for a Job?
Have your tried SEEK? Click on https://www.seek.com.au/jobs/in-All-Sydney-NSW
Looking for an apprenticeship? Click on https://www.seek.com.au/apprenticeship-jobs/in-All-Sydney-NSW
How about looking at the Federal Government Job Active Site-click on https://jobsearch.gov.au/job/search